What If …?
- Gratitude is an expression of coming to an understanding of what I once misunderstood?
- Courage is not a ‘cure’ for fear? Rather, what if understanding is the solution to the problem of fear?
- It’s maybe more useful to understand than to know things?
- I realized that the less defensive I become, the more adaptable I become?
- When hearts connect, light turns on in mind?
- I am not here or there or anywhere?
- I seek first to understand my heart? What if then the truths hidden there will bring to light all else?
- Memories are like breadcrumbs unconsciously dropped along our path to the future?
- I am THE cause and THE effect of my creation?
- Movement into life means stillness within?
- It is in the waking and not the sleeping we find rest?
- For every beam of light there are shadows fleeing?
- The capacity to love increases as understanding of self expands?
- By seeking wholeness, we realize lack? In defending lack, we realize life?
- The ultimate choice of who and why I AM is up to me.
- Fear stands at the door of every quest?
- As the great illusionist, fear mocks understanding with judgments?
In my bubble of limited awareness, what I give focus to as real IS REAL. I tend to feel the need to judge all things from a perspective that my reality is the truth. And insist that everyone else agree with me.
That need makes everything and everyone a justification of my fear that they won’t “get” the truth. And turns me into a staunch crusader and valiant warrior for my rightness.
What Else …?
What can I do when a “What if…?” question turns into a dread statement like, “Something wrong…, that’s what!”
Might I take advantage of the plasticity of my reality to go beyond “What if…?” with “What else…?”
I might ask four simple questions when a “What if…?” question results in a statement of dread:
- “What else…?”
- “How else…?”
- “Why else…?”
- “Who else…?”